We hosted the BBQ this year. Its great to finally have a home where we can have family come and have a yard to play in etc. We haven't had that since we sold our home so it is nice. We love it. Okay so on to the celebration. While waiting for everyone to arrive we played a little croquet. After everyone got here we went to Darby. Dennie's parents were watching it for the weekend so it was a perfect time to go and slide. (For those of you who don't' know about Darby, it is a girls camp that our church owns and they have a big slide about 100 ft. long. ) We spent a couple of hours there. It was really funny to watch the kids when we first got there they were going down the slide and climbing up the hill pretty fast, by the time we were ready to go they had slowed big time. The weather was perfect, not to hot in fact it was a little on the chilly side. When we got back to our place we had hot dogs and hamburgers with all the fixins' and salads followed by watermelon, cheese cake, apple and cherry pie and for the kids root beer floats. The kids tried run threw the sprinkler, but it was just a little to chilly for them. Audrey also tried to start a water fight, but everyone was being party poopers except Jonathan who ended up DRENCHING ME!! But I got him back thanks to a little help, sorry no pictures of that no one was taking pictures but me. Oh well I probably wouldn't have posted them anyway.



I love it when we BBQ! I don't have to cook.


Enjoying good food .
I made a cheese cake and then put the fruit on it to look like a flag,
the huckleberries didn't quite look blue enough, but it sure tasted good.
Watching fireworks,
who would have thought we would have to wear jackets to watch the
fireworks but dang it, it was COLD! I had on two I was still freezing from the water fight.

It was a super fun day.
2 comments:
excuse me, but you started the water fight, not me. As I recall, you and Mandy are the ones who started throwing water on me for no apparednt reason. Let's just get this straight! ;)
Sounds like you had a good time! Enjoyed your pictures!
Post a Comment