Friday, August 28, 2009

First day of school

I have survived the first day of school and even the second day more importantly the boys have yeah! Its been a crazy week but its Friday and almost over yippee!
I can't believe I have a 6th grader, I was really anxious about sending him, but after going to the orientation on Tuesday it wasn't so bad. The good thing is that even though the 7th and 8th graders have been in Middle School, they are at a brand new school, so it kind of puts them all on the same level not knowing where their classes are etc. He came home from school super excited about his schedule and teachers, which helps me too, I know SUPER OVERPROTECT MOM, I can't help it but I am getting better.
Our mighty 1st grader, he was nervous but did great, he rode the bus to school all by himself, (Jonathan got a ride with a friend) I did meet him at the school and made him go in and meet his teacher, which was very uncool in his eyes, but I thought it would be nice to at least know who his teacher was and what she looked like so he would know who to follow into class, as it was he was going in with another class and I saw him and got him to the right teacher it was super crazy over there, need I say more, I could but I won't.

It was a super long day yesterday, school gets out at 3:oo and at 3:55 they were here getting off the bus, poor Jared just came and laid down in the shade where we were waiting for him. I can only guess that they had a lot of trouble getting kids and kindergartners on the right bus. Wednesday wasn't bad at all they got home about the same time they did last year, but they didn't have kindergarten until Thursday. I bet they have some of the same trouble today, but hopefully they will get home a little earlier than yesterday. (could that be anymore confusing?) All in all school this week hasn't been bad, the kids are excited and ready to learn hope it will last.

Well this had turned into a very long post and it really wasn't going to be, but that is what happens when I get started, believe me it could be much longer if I really let go on the school system up here but I won't. I need to be nice and stay positive. Have a good weekend. Melody

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sorry it has been such a pain in the butt! I understand how frustrating, really. I am way out of the swing of things, with missing about a week of my children's lives. Hopefully we will get it together this next week and all will run smoother. It was fun to see and visit with you today. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Post a Comment