Sunday, August 30, 2009
Sunday
Why is it that Sundays are so HARD? Or is it just me? I like to keep Sundays for a family only day and for the most part it works, but then there are days like today, the boys friends come over or they hear them outside and its Mom can I go outside please, about 1000 times, I finally give up and tell them to ask their dad. How can I make Sunday better, I have great ideas but for some reason they just don't happen. We had a really good lesson today, I was actually able to go to the combined meeting today and sit with Dennie and listen to the speaker, without kids interrupting, (they were all in primary) needless to say it was very nice and I came away with LOTS to think about, but when we get home its like "oh was it church today" its right back into the everyday life, (not that is bad) but to me Sunday NEEDS to be a special day, a time for only family, to spend time doing things that we normally don't do during the week. I guess I am just frustrated with my lack of planning and lack of support. Guess that is going to be the topic of our family night discussion tomorrow, maybe if I get them all involved it will work out better and the kids won't be whining about being with friends every Sunday. I know its hard when they can hear and see them outside playing, and where we live so close to ALL the neighbors that do everything from cleaning their cars to having party's its hard. I know I am making excuses, but that's the way it is so I have to try harder to make Sunday special and not let the ways of the world affect us so much. Do any of you have this problem? If so what do you do? HELP any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Have a super week, hope mine is not so busy, Melody
1 comment:
Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone has that exact same challenge. some things we have done to help us is to watch church related movies together and listen to good music throughout the day. And the kids and their friends have learned that sunday is a family day and they quit asking!! eventually
GOOD LUCK
Post a Comment