
On our way home from Utah we stopped and picked up these beauties, boy they were yummy! So this week I have been making jam, I was able to get over 30 jars of jam from these and a yummy apricot cobbler, that no one seemed to want, bummer, should have made something else, but it was hard to find any recipes that used fresh apricots. The good thing is we don't need any jam for a while, with this hall and the rhubarb that I made earlier this summer we should be set, but then again if I get some more fruit I may just make some more, I would like to try some huckleberry jam, but to buy the huckleberries is outrageous and I don't think we want to pick that many, we will just have to wait and see what we can find this year. Not much planned for this week-end just relaxing at home maybe a picnic Saturday or Sunday who knows, maybe we'll go to Jackson tomorrow depends on what the kids and hubby want to do. Guess I better get busy and and get stuff done so we can PLAY tomorrow it works out so much better if I don't have a ton of things to do on Saturday and we can just enjoy the day playing and veggin'. Have a super good week-end Melody
1 comment:
I LOVE homemade jam!!! I can't wait for canning and jamming season to swing into full gear! LOL!! Thank you so much for sharing your story on my blog. I love to get to know other bloggers! You are inspiring - Your blog is also too cute! :0)
Post a Comment