Monday, April 27, 2009

I'd Love to



This is an idea I got from another blog, a big thank you to them! Its an I'd love to jar. The main idea is when I ask my kids to do something, they do it right away, if I ask them more than once too bad no I'd love to. Each item has a point value they have to earn so many I'd love to's to get the items. Now do I expect to have to "pay" my kids to do stuff? No. I hope this will help them to do what we ask when we ask and not have to keep nagging them to do stuff. They have to pay back I'd love to when they fight with each other or when they yell at me. So far it has been a great motivator. You all have a great Monday and a good week.
Melody

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

the best part is, when you ask them and they don't ask for anything or remember the points, they are just saying it out of habit. it's especially impressive in front of other adults.
"gosh, what well mannered children you have!"

OH YEAH! i find i say "i'd love to" more myself. it's a great habit.

Audrey said...

cute jar and great idea. (I also read the same post and thought what a great idea, but as you probably know, I did nothing about it). LOL Maybe after the baby comes.

Post a Comment