My six year old came home yesterday and said "Mom I need some money to take to school tomorrow", I ask why He said cause some kids are giving away sugar from Mexico" Me: what?
"Yeah they gave me some on the bus today" Me: what? The story is that these boys gave him some sugar from Mexico and if he wanted more he needed to bring some money I think he said something like 8 pennies/dollars I can't remember the exact amount but needless to say I was a little alarmed. We talked about taking things from other people even kids and not to do it.I am sure that it was sugar from Mexico but was there something else in there?
So today I called the school. The principal kind of laughed when I told him and said yeah they have different sugar in Mexico, but that it was something he would check into. HELLO do they not remember the articles in the papers and on the news around Halloween time warning parents about the dangers of people putting meth in candy? So are we to just say it won't happen here we live in a small place that is safe? I think not, it is everywhere, so do I trust the school to take care of this or should I pursue other avenues to take care of this? Do I allow the boys to keep riding the bus? I guess the best thing to do is remind the boys daily about the dangers of taking food & candy & gum from others unless I am with them. It is really scary to send your most precious possessions out into the big bad world we have and it is only going to get worse. We must safe guard our children, family, homes against the evils that are out there the only way I know how to do that is through family prayers, scripture study, family home evening, regular church attendance, educating them of the dangers that are out there.
OK I feel better getting that off my chest. I honestly think it was an innocent occurrence but still you can never be to sure.
Have a good Wednesday the week is half over YEAH!
Melody
1 comment:
I must be the biggest hoochie in the world because I would have raised a fuss to the principal, superintendent, and anyone else I could think of. Good luck! ;)
Post a Comment